Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DIY: Painted Cork Bulletin Boards


This year, I’m focused on DE-cluttering my life, my brain, and my house. Less is definitely more: Less worrying, less procrastination, less…err…..crap. I’m focused on organization to help keep things simple and stress free, but I still want things to be pretty!
I’m really into bold geometric shapes and sharp, fresh colors right now.  I just love simple designs that pack a punch. These little cork boards are like little works of art in their own right, but they also serve a functional purpose. Win-win!

You will need:
Acryllic paints
Sponge brushes
Painter’s tape
Cork board
Scissors

Start off by taping off the first section that you want to paint. Press the painters tape firmly to surface to prevent bleeding. Allow paint to dry completely before peeling off the tape. Place a new piece off tape on your cork rounds, overlapping a portion of what your just painted, and paint your second color. Repeat this step with your final color choice. 



Allow to dry completely before mounting on the wall. Use these with push pins to mount photos, memos, etc. The chalkboard with organizer pictured can be purchased here at Ikea.
If you’re anything like me, chances are one of your new year’s resolutions is to be more organized and clutter free. This quick project is a pretty good start!

Happy organized life (or at least one wall of your home)!
xoxo - Sugar Dame




No comments:

Post a Comment