Sunday, April 27, 2014

Guilt Free PB Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am most definitely a chocolate chip cookie girl.  Chocolate chip just always hits the spot… especially the dough. I know, I know, you aren’t supposed to eat the dough because of the raw eggs, blah blah blah.  What can I say, I live on the edge. The risk is worth it, anyway. What I don’t enjoy about chocolate chip cookies is the guilt after eating them. Sugar, butter, white flour, chocolate…. not exactly a recipe for health and wellness. While I am a firm believer in indulging every once in a while, I have to admit I am definitely not one of those people who can ‘just have one’. That’s why I went looking for a recipe that would satisfy AND leave me feeling guilt-free.  No butter, no added sugar, no flour and AH-mazing!!! Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, just whip up a batch of these and you’ll be a believer at first bite.


Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup nut butter (I used unsalted, natural peanut butter)
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 1/3 cup finley shredded, unsweetened coconut (Not a coconut fan? Just add 1/3 cup extra almond meal)
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 
*For a crunchier cookie, omit coconut oil and increase nut butter to 1 cup

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix together the first 5 ingredients.
4. Add almond meal, coconut and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
5. Scoop with a standard sized spoon and form dough into a ball (dough will be very moist, so do the best you can). Drop onto cookie sheets and flatten the tops to shape the cookie (If you skip this step, the cookies will bake into little mounds)
6. Bake 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
*Cookies may look underdone and a bit moist from the coconut oil. Remove from oven after 9-12 minutes and the moisture will evaporate! If you leave them in any longer, the bottom of the cookies will burn.
Yield: About 20 cookies 


Enjoy these absolutely-scrumptious-and-not-bad-for-you cookies!
xoxo - Sugar Dame


No comments:

Post a Comment