Sunday, April 27, 2014

Try This: My Favorite Post Workout Smoothie


I love protein smoothies! They are delicious, healthy and filling. Perfect for replenishing your muscles after a great workout, or just as a healthy treat. I also have a bit of a sweet tooth (OK, more like a raging, insatiable sweet tooth if we’re being real), but let’s face it…sugar just isn't healthy. That’s what makes this smoothie my fave! It’s naturally sweetened with a fresh, organic banana. You can feel good about that :]


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 one large, organic banana
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. flax seed
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze Original, Unsweetened is my obsession)
  • 1 scoop organic chocolate protein powder
Slice your 1/2 banana and toss into a blender along with your other ingredients. Blend until smooth and enjoy!


*If you enjoy a colder smoothie, I suggest slicing your banana a day ahead and freezing in a ziplock bag. You can always add ice, but that may take away from the flavor.
Happy, healthy blending!
xoxo - Sugar Dame

No comments:

Post a Comment