Monday, May 12, 2014

Easy Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding


I have to admit, I was not very interested in trying Chia seed pudding when I first started hearing about it. I've been eating pudding cups at pro-level pretty much my entire life, so why stray from such a solid, reliable relationship? That was my view on the Chia situation, until I heard about all of the amazing health and beauty benefits that come with adding these little seeds to your diet! Chia seed benefits include fiber, omega fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants and even protein! The texture of Chia seed pudding is similar to tapioca, and they absorb virtually any flavor. Here is a recipe for a simple and healthy vanilla Chia seed pudding:


*Slightly adapted from Domesticate Me 

1/4 cup plus 3 tblsp. raw chia seeds
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 1/4 tsp. quality vanilla extract
2 tblsp. quality maple syrup

Directions:

In a medium bowl, add the chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, uncover and stir your chia seed  pudding to get rid of any possible lumps. Spoon some pudding into a bowl or little mason jar, top with desired toppings!


I've got to say, I still love my pudding cups, BUT, I am really loving chia seed pudding as a healthy alternative! Top with your favorite fruit and granola for a healthy, filling start to your day.
You can also replace regular almond milk with a chocolate version for a dessert pudding. The possibilities are endless!

Happy, healthy snacking!

xoxo - Sugar Dame

4 comments:

  1. I made this the other night and it was awesome! I add a few strawberries and cinnamon when I eat it - delicious. Can't wait to try the chocolate version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe! I will definitely have to try adding cinnamon, that sounds delicious! Thanks for reading :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm a vegan, so this would be a great recipe to try! I haven't actually tried chia seed pudding yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it Melissa! The flavor possibilities are endless with Chia seed pudding! A great dairy-free dessert option. You can really get creative. Give it a try!

      Delete