Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Nice-Cream" Power Bowl


YUM.

These bowls are gooood. I love ice cream, but I think I could seriously give ice cream up and be happy with this healthy version. I call it 'nice-cream' because it is the nice-to-your-body version of ice cream. You can customize your bowl with any fruit, enjoy vegan or non-vegan, and oh my, toppings galore! The flavor possibilities are endless and virtually guilt-free. Packed with nutrients, I eat mine for breakfast to fuel my day, but these would obviously make an amazing dessert too.

Here are some basic ingredients. I mostly use banana in mine for the base because it thickens well, but get creative!


Peanut butter-banana 'nice-cream'
  • Ripe banana, sliced and frozen (I slice ripe bananas and keep them in the freezer)
  • Almond milk (I use Almond Breeze unsweetened original or unsweetened vanilla)
  • Vanilla protein powder (Vegan, whey, soy)
  • Unsalted peanut butter or almond butter
I never measure when I make my 'nice-cream', I just eye-ball it! Throw all of the ingredients into a blender until smooth. The result should look like the consistency of a thick smoothie/milk shake. Pour your mixture into a bowl and place in the freezer for 15-20 min. to thicken. Remove from the freezer and add your toppings!


Topping suggestions:

  • Sliced fruit: Strawberries, figs, banana, mango...
  • Raw nuts
  • Chia seeds
  • Flax seeds or flax meal
  • Granola
  • Uncooked oats
  • Cocoa nibs
  • Dried fruit
  • Shredded coconut
These bowls are the perfect breakfast alternative during summer months. More fun to eat than a smoothie, and you feel like you are really indulging. What better way to start the day than to spoil yourself and you body?!

Happy YUM-ing!

xoxo- Sugar Dame
 


No comments:

Post a Comment