These bowls are gooood. I love ice cream, but I think I could seriously give ice cream up and be happy with this healthy version. I call it 'nice-cream' because it is the nice-to-your-body version of ice cream. You can customize your bowl with any fruit, enjoy vegan or non-vegan, and oh my, toppings galore! The flavor possibilities are endless and virtually guilt-free. Packed with nutrients, I eat mine for breakfast to fuel my day, but these would obviously make an amazing dessert too.
Here are some basic ingredients. I mostly use banana in mine for the base because it thickens well, but get creative!
Peanut butter-banana 'nice-cream'
- Ripe banana, sliced and frozen (I slice ripe bananas and keep them in the freezer)
- Almond milk (I use Almond Breeze unsweetened original or unsweetened vanilla)
- Vanilla protein powder (Vegan, whey, soy)
- Unsalted peanut butter or almond butter
- Sliced fruit: Strawberries, figs, banana, mango...
- Raw nuts
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds or flax meal
- Uncooked oats
- Cocoa nibs
- Dried fruit
- Shredded coconut
xoxo- Sugar Dame