Thursday, June 5, 2014

DIY Personalized Art Wall

 Happy Thursday! I'm really proud of this diy and excited to share it with you all :) I worked really hard on putting this handmade art wall together, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I wanted to add some color to our living room walls, and I wanted every piece to be either handmade or personal. I made a trip to our local arts and crafts store and picked out a few blank canvases, some bright acrylic paints and new brushes. I wasn't really sure what I was going to paint or how it would turn out, but I knew I wanted bold, bright colors.

Once all of my canvases were painted, I arranged everything on the floor and took down the measurements of the gallery as a whole. After everything was arranged perfectly, I took a photo to use as reference and started to hang everything on the wall.

I added some neutral color art pieces and frames to the mix, just to keep it from being to 'loud'. I love the result! Happy, fun, and one of a kind. I also added some personal photos of the hubby and I and of course, the pup :)

This project is so easy to do yourself, inexpensive, personal and just plain pretty. I had sooo much fun creating each piece and watching it all come together. Definitely a project to feed the soul. If you want more info on how each piece was made, just comment and I will be happy to share!

Happy home-making!

xoxo Sugar Dame




No comments:

Post a Comment