Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great, restful weekend! I know Mondays can be hard, but this recipe using ripe pears and dark chocolate chips will definitely help to sweeten up your day.
For the Loaf Cake:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt ( I used organic vanilla bean)
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 ripe pear, cut into small chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, whisk together sugar, applesauce, yogurt, almond milk and vegetable oil.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spread half of your pear chunks onto the bottom. Pour some of your batter on top. Add the rest of your pears and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean wit a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. To remove, gently lift the loaf cake out of the pan by using the parchment paper.
- I can organic coconut milk, refrigerated for 2 days or at least overnight.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In an electric mixer, mix chilled coconut milk and confectioners sugar on high until thickened and forming peaks.
- Dollop on top of a slice of your loaf cake, and enjoy!
This cake is pretty dreamy, I must say. I am guilty of eating it for breakfast as well as dessert! The coconut cream will stay good for up to 3 days in an air tight container.
Have a sweet week!
xoxo - Sugar Dame