Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sticky Mango Rice Pudding


Hey there! Happy Thursday!

I want to share a yummy recipe with you all starring a sweet fruit that I have often overlooked: Mango.
Mangoes aren't the most visually appealing of fruits on the outside, but on the inside these babies are soft, sweet, and boast a beautiful color! My hubby loves them, so I bought a few last week... but he never ate them. Psh. They started to wrinkle on the outside, and in fear of them going bad (and going to waste), I started to search  for some recipes. I found a super simple recipe for mango rice pudding and decided that it would be fun to try!



Adapted from The Misfit Baker

  • 3 cups canned organic coconut milk, chilled overnight
  • 2 super ripe mangoes, diced and smashed
  • 4 tablespoons organic honey
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup white rice
  • Shredded coconut for topping (optional)
Directions:

  1. Combine coconut milk, honey, cinnamon and mango. Whisk together to fully encorporate. 
  2. Add white rice and heat over medium flame until the mixture comes to a boil
  3. Lower heat and cover, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 20 minutes. 
  4. Let cool at least 10 minutes before enjoying. Top with shredded coconut if desired.

This turned out to be a perfect treat! Just naturally sweet enough with the ripe mango and organic honey. I prefer to eat this a bit warm, but it is just as tasty cold!

Enjoy! 

xoxo - Sugar Dame 



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this looks super yummy! I might just have to make this VERY soon. :-)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! This version is just perfectly sweet, I think you'll really enjoy it! Thanks for reading xoxo

      Courtney

      Delete