Is there ever a time that isn't good for donuts? Didn't think so. This recipe will give you one more reason to get your donut on... these are baked and not fried. You're welcome.
1 1/2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cups wheat flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 vegetable oil
1 tsp baking soda
I used a mini donut maker, but you can use a standard size donut pan or a mini donut pan. If you are using the pan option, spray with non-stick spray and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, whisk together your banana, sugar and egg until creamy and no banana lumps. Add in milk and vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine your flours and baking soda. Slowly incorporate into the banana mixture until combined.
- The easiest way to fill the donut pans is to transfer the batter into a large ziplock bag, and cut of one corner. Pipe the batter evenly, about 3/4 of the way full. You can also just use a spoon. Works great, just a bit more messy.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the donuts pop over the top of the pan, and are a golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the pan, transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
1/3 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Juice of one lemon
- In a small sauce pan, melt the cream cheese on low with the lemon juice. Stir constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add in the powdered sugar.
- Dip your cooled donuts in the cream cheese glaze and transfer to a sheet of wax paper.
- Add sprinkles before the glaze sets, if desired!
Enjoy these for breakfast or as a little treat!