Hey there! Here I am with another great home decor diy, on the cheap! I have a crazy quantity of Popsicle sticks left over from my Sunburst Mirror DIY, so I figured I needed to find something to do with them. I was playing around, just stacking them into random shapes when I came up with the idea for brightly colored, bold wall art. The pop sticks are from the dollar store, and I already had the paint, but acrylic paint is super inexpensive at any craft store.
Here's whatcha need:
- Popsicle sticks
- Bold, bright acrylic paints
- Metallic paint
- Hot glue gun
- Start by creating a hexagon shape by stacking the ends of your Popsicle sticks over the other. Hot glue the ends together.
- From here, add some popsicle sticks to the inside of your shape to create a wider piece.
- After all of your pieces are glued together, paint a coat of bright acrylic paint. Set aside to dry before adding another coat (if needed).
- To create the arrow piece, just line up some popsicle sticks in a straight line, stacking the ends over each other and securing with hot glue. Add pieces to make the arrow head and end pieces.
- Paint if desired, and hang on the wall using small nails, double sided tape, etc.
There you have it! Super simple, quick and inexpensive way to add some color to a plain wall. This design is simple, but feel free to get creative!