Thursday, July 24, 2014

Popsicle Stick Wall Art


Hey there! Here I am with another great home decor diy, on the cheap! I have a crazy quantity of Popsicle sticks left over from my Sunburst Mirror DIY, so I figured I needed to find something to do with them. I was playing around, just stacking them into random shapes when I came up with the idea for brightly colored, bold wall art. The pop sticks are from the dollar store, and I already had the paint, but acrylic paint is super inexpensive at any craft store.


Here's whatcha need:


  • Popsicle sticks
  • Bold, bright acrylic paints
  • Metallic paint
  • Hot glue gun
Here's how:

  1. Start by creating a hexagon shape by stacking the ends of your Popsicle sticks over the other. Hot glue the ends together. 
  2. From here, add some popsicle sticks to the inside of your shape to create a wider piece. 
  3. After all of your pieces are glued together, paint a coat of bright acrylic paint. Set aside to dry before adding another coat (if needed).
  4. To create the arrow piece, just line up some popsicle sticks in a straight line, stacking the ends over each other and securing with hot glue. Add pieces to make the arrow head and end pieces.
  5. Paint if desired, and hang on the wall using small nails, double sided tape, etc. 


There you have it! Super simple, quick and inexpensive way to add some color to a plain wall. This design is simple, but feel free to get creative!



xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment