Monday, August 11, 2014

Electrical Tape Door Update


Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I spent some time organizing things around the house, and each time I do, I think up new ways to update the house or change something around. It's a never-ending process, really! The dining room in particular has been in need of a little sprucing, and I have been brainstorming ways to add some design to the plain white walls. I've been working towards keeping the 'canvas' (if you will) of the room pretty neutral, and adding in a few pops of color by way of furniture.


I've been wanting to paint something, but like I mentioned before, I change things up pretty frequently. Painting on the walls is a little too permanent, but creating a design that is easily removable/changeable seemed like the answer!

Here's what you will need:


  • Black electrical tape (I found some at the dollar store!)
  • Scissors
  • A ruler (If you aren't comfortable with 'eyeballing' it)

How to:

  1. Start by unrolling some of the electrical tape, and placing it on a door or wall in a diagonal direction to start a triangle shape. 
  2. Repeat the first step on the other side to make it symmetrical. 
  3. Use the sharps of your scissors to cut off any excess tape, and even out your design. 
  4. Repeat the above steps three more times to make the same shape inside of your original shape, each one smaller than the last. 
  5. Repeat all steps above the finished design, so the designs mirror each other. 
 
 
 

There you have it! A quick, easy way to update a space without the commitment of a permanent project!



xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment