Thursday, October 2, 2014

Super Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte


Each year around this time, something exciting happens... Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! I love PSLs, I really do... but I have a confession to make. I've really cut back on my sugar intake, and since doing so my tastes have changed. So, there I was, iced PSL in hand (it's still too hot here in Cali for a hot beverage), but when I took that first glorious sip.... I was shocked by how SWEEEEEET my drink was! I couldn't finish it, which was sadly unsatisfying.

Of course, I took this as a challenge and not a defeat. I perfected a perfectly sweet PSL right in my own kitchen, with my favorite coffee! I didn't even have to change out of my jammies (Ok, you got me. I ordered the original PSL in my jammies too! I have no shame!). If you are trying to save your sugar intake for the inhalation of baked goods and other sweets, like me, try this out!


Ingredients:

  • About a cup of your favorite milk. (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze)
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp organic honey
  • Two shots of your favorite coffee or espresso
  • Ice


  1. Start by brewing your coffee. I used my favorite coffee, brewed with an espresso machine so I could make just enough for one serving. Set aside to cool. 
  2. In a small saucepan, heat your milk over low heat. Add in the honey and pumpkin pie spice, stir with a wire whisk until frothy. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
  3. Fill a glass with ice, pour in the spiced milk. Pour your coffee/espresso over the top.
  4. Enjoy!

xoxo Happy Fall!







No comments:

Post a Comment