Monday, December 8, 2014

No Bake Cookie Dough Energy Bites


Monday, again! Where did the weekend go? From here on, time will fly by twice as fast. Before we know it...poof! It's the new year. I never ceases to amaze me how time seems to get away from me as I get older. Not enough hours in the day, days in a week, etc. etc. I'm making it my mission to hold on dearly to those happy, childhood holiday feels. 


Baking cookies has always been one of my favorite holiday pastimes. I especially loved eating the dough, only now I can't help but feel the guilt creep in with every sugary bite. If I could write adulthood a strongly worded letter, I would. Luckily, I've found that there are amazing (and healthy!) alternatives that actually satisfy just as well, sans guilt. Woo-hoo!
No Bake Cookie Dough Energy Bites Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (sub other nut butter if you wish)
  • 1 cup dry old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup honey or maple agave (I used a mix of the two!)
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed

How to:

In a medium mixing bowl with a spoon or whisk, mix together oatmeal, flaked coconut, dark chocolate chips and ground flaxseed. Mix in peanut butter, honey/maple agave, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is evenly combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Removed from the fridge and roll the 'dough' into balls with your hands (about 1 inch rounds). Transfer your energy bites into a ziplock freezer bag and store in the freezer. They are ready to eat without thawing at your convenience!



These are seriously addicting! In fact, I'm going to eat one right now :)

xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment