Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tissue Paper Pinwheels and A Makeover


Remember back in December when I made that super easy faux fireplace out of an inexpensive bookcase? Well I fought so hard for that project that I am determined to use it on a regular basis. February is right around the corner and so is Valentine's Day. I gussied up my little fireplace with some pretty little things, including these DIY tissue paper pinwheels. 

Here's what you'll need:

Tissue paper
Scotch tape
String


How to:

Start by folding one full sheet of tissue paper in half. Turn the tissue so that the shorter side is facing you.


Fold the end of the tissue up onto itself in a 1 inch section. Turn the tissue over and repeat until the whole piece is folded on itself like an accordion.



 Lay flat and secure the center with a small piece of string. Make it snug enough that it won't slip out of place, but not so tight that it tears the tissue.



 Now, fan one side out until it touches the the other side. Secure the two sides together with a few pieces of tape. Repeat on the other side to make a full circle. 




These cuties make for pretty party decor and backdrops! 


Here's how I styled my faux fireplace using my DIY tissue paper pinwheels:







No comments:

Post a Comment