Friday, June 19, 2015

No Bake Funfetti Brownie Bite Cheesecake


TGIF! This week has been a scorcher! I am not a fan of the heat, like at all. I'm a snuggler, a warm beverage nurser, a fall asleep listening to the rain, wearing coats and boots, and generally enjoy being comfortable - kind of girl. Also, my baby is an English Bulldog and they do not do well in the heat. Needless to say, we cannot wait for a major cool down. All that aside, there is something to be said for summer treats. I am a baker by heart. The oven and I are close friends. Family, basically, and so I rarely think of making desserts that don't require the oven. This long week had me thinking, or rather - dreaming -  of cake, brownies, cookies... all the chewy, gooey comfort foods. This heat though. This heat caused my heart and my brain to become locked in a serious battle of desire vs. common sense. Who has time for that, really? I looked into a few quick, no-bake recipes and was able to create some peace. One of my first summer friendly no-bakes was a deliciously simple classic cheesecake, which I doctored up to create something a little more fun: No Bake Funfetti Brownie Bite Cheesecake. All these amazing things thrown together in one easy, sweat free (sorry), dessert = a little bit of summer magic. You're welcome.




Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Rainbow sprinkles
Prepared brownie bites (I used Entenmann's)
1 prepared chocolate pie crust

Directions:

Cut brownie bites into little pieces and arrange in your prepared pie crust, set aside. In a medium bowl with hand mixer, or stand mixer, whisk together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream on high until soft peaks begin to form. Pour desired amount of sprinkles into your cream cheese mixture, and fold in whipped cream until smooth. Pour the mixture into your prepared crust, covering the brownie bites completely. Smooth out the top, and arrange a few brownie bites and crumbs for decoration. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.


I really wanted to use an oreo crust for this pie, but my local market only had chocolate graham prepared crusts. Next time, I will definitely make my own oreo crust. Maybe try a peanut butter version of this pie. Hey! How yummy would this be folded into some vanilla ice cream? The no-bake possibilities are endless! What flavor would you make?

Happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment