Thursday, July 30, 2015

Best No Bake Cookies


I love cookies. They are probably at the very top of my all-time favorite desserts list. I just love them. What I don't love is attempting to bake them in the summer, or the guilt I feel after eating them. I found a lovely no-bake cookie recipe on a popular blog that I enjoy reading on the daily, so I gave it a try. They were super yummy, and I didn't have to break a sweat making them...but they still contained butter and white sugar. I decided to try replacing the butter with coconut oil, and the sugar with raw honey for the next batch, and the result is out of this world! So yummy, no guilt, no sweat, just happiness. I've also played around with the flavors a bit by adding some variations each time I make these babies. Instant espresso powder, coconut, and cinnamon are my faves add-ins so far. So... if you like cookies, chocolate, peanut butter, and enjoy treating yourself without the inevitable guilt trip that follows, give the recipe below a try!


Best No Bake Cookies

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw, natural honey (you can sub maple syrup or agave if desired, but I haven't tried it)
1/3 cup cocoa powder 
1/2 cup creamy unsalted, natural peanut butter 
1 cup rolled oats
Pinch of sea salt, if desired

Directions: Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside. Measure out all of your ingredients ahead to make things quick and easy. In a small pot over low heat, melt the coconut oil and raw honey until dissolved. Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth, then add the peanut butter and whisk until combined. Remove from heat and stir in oats. Using a small cookie/ice cream scoop or spoon, plop dollops of your 'batter' onto your prepared cookie sheet. Place in the freezer until firm, and they are ready to enjoy!



**Variations: Try dissolving one packet of instant espresso powder with the coconut oil, add in some cinnamon before mixing in the oats, or add some coconut to the tops before popping them in the freezer.




No comments:

Post a Comment