Monday, September 28, 2015

Easiest Ever Diy Brushstroke Art


Happy Monday! I'm long overdue for a new post! This month has been a whirlwind, but I'm so ready to get back on track. I've been on a major home refresh kick lately. Must be the be the beginning of the fall season (my favorite time of year!). Everything looks brand new, the air feels crisp and , and as the weather gets cooler, nesting is inevitable. I've been working on de-cluttering our space, and painting any dark spaces white for a fresh, clean look. This new look called for a few new accessories. What better way to add a bit of color than with a few simple pieces of art? You don't have to be Van Gogh to accomplish this diy wall art. All you need are a few blank canvases, paint and a brush. Super quick project that you can finish in an hour or less!


Supplies:

2 blank, framed canvases
3 colors of acrylic paint per canvas
A flat, wide paint brush


How to:

Prepare your coordinating paint colors, and have a container of water and a paper towel nearby, for rinsing the brush between color changes. With short, easy strokes, paint random sections of the canvas, and repeat with your alternating colors until your canvas has been filled to your liking. I chose to leave spaces in between my brushstrokes so that some of the white would peek through, but it's up to you if you want to overlap colors. Be creative!



Remember to tag me on Instagram @cxupcake if you try any of my DIY projects or recipes!

Have a great week!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment