Thursday, November 19, 2015

Easiest Ever Pumpkin Spice Latte


Nooo! This month is almost over! Thanksgiving is next week, and I haven't indulged in nearly enough pumpkin goodies! I'm really going to have to step up my pumpkin game over the next few weeks. Anyway, I had a less-than-satisfactory pumpkin spice latte experience at a popular coffee chain (a chain which I usually enjoy), but I also don't usually get any flavored coffee. It was fine, and I'm sure a lot of people looovvve it... it was just too sweet for me. I tend to like my holiday drinks to lean more on the spicy side. (Plus, they don't have any unsweetened vanilla almond milk which is my fave.) Wow, I sound like a really high maintenance customer, don't I? Well, the point to this story is that I decided to make my own PSL, just the way I like it: lightly sweet, a bit spicy, full pumpkin flavor, and extra, creamy foam on top.


Pumpkin Spice Latte
1 serving

2 tblsp. canned pumpkin
1 to 2 tblsp. coconut sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 shots of espresso or strong brewed coffee
A sprinkle of cinnamon for the top

Directions

Brew your espresso or coffee and set aside. Heat the milk, pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small pot on med-low heat until sugar has melted and all of the ingredients are combined. Transfer the milk mixture into a blender and blend for about 1 minute to create a rich, creamy foam. (If you don't have a blender, use a wire whisk to create some froth as you heat your milk) Pour yourself a mug of coffee, and top with your steamed PSL milk. Spoon the foam over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon.


So. Super. Easy.

Just a few, simple steps- with simple ingredients- and you're well on your way to a perfect pumpkin spice latte, at home.

Happy Holidays!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment