Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Years Resolutions


I can't really wrap my brain around the fact that the year is over. Summer was way too long, and the holidays flew by way too fast. I just want to seal myself up in my Christmas jammies and hold onto the holidays. This was actually a pretty good year as far as self-exploration and growth goes. I adulted pretty hard (but not too hard... never too hard). I really kicked it into high gear at the end of the year, and got so many things crossed off my dreaded to-do list. I feel like I've set myself up pretty well for a productive new year, but I still have some resolutions:

Stress less - Okay, so I know that this is easier said than done... but I want to make a point of trying to just enjoy things as they happen. I want to try and not sweat the small stuff, ya know?

Live simply - I already try to live a simplistic lifestyle, and not be wasteful. I want to continue to live simply, and donate things that we don't use on a regular basis. If someone else can get some use out of something that gathers dust at my house... that would make me feel happy.

Try something new and exciting - I've always really wanted to try aerial. It's beautiful, great exercise and seems like a wonderful way to meditate. Kickboxing or some sort of self defense training is also on my list. I dream of being as badass as Sydney Bristow.

Make more art - I want to paint more, create more, make more. I have so many (so many!) ideas that I would love to bring to fruition.


More time for family and friends - I've been dreaming of hosting regular get-togethers. Something simple, with great food and lots of laughter. Plusss, I was gifted a lot of cookbooks for Christmas. I would love to eat my way through each page. Why not share the experience with important people?

Continue to work toward my dreams/goals, but cut myself some slack! - I'm sure many of you can relate to the dreaded feeling of not being accomplished enough. But what is that about? We all need to try and remember not to sell ourselves too short. Im still figuring out what I want to do with my life, and maybe I'll never settle on just one path.

There are a few of my main resolutions for the new year. What are some of yours?

Have a happy, safe new year!

Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. It is just what I was looking for and quite thorough as well. Thanks for posting this, I saw a couple other similar posts but yours was the best so far. The ideas are strongly pointed out and clearly emphasized. essay writers

    ReplyDelete